Friday, May 20, 2011

Love, Love, Love: Horseshoe Magnets

There's something alluring about the shape and color of vintage horseshoe magnets. When I started dabbling in upcycled jewelry last year, I created a necklace with a toy magnet and a four leaf clover tassel. It was the first piece I sold at the Bust Holiday Craftacular in 2010. I was a little bummed to see it go but happy that it went to a good home.
"Lucky You"
Since then, I have been on the lookout for more magnets at tag sales, flea markets, and online. I am in the process of making new OOAK necklaces with the pieces below.

positive vibes

"Laws of Attraction" - work in progress

Having a junk drawer-aesthetic allows me to experiment with interesting materials. I never know what will pull me in next, but that's half the fun!

What kind of objects are you attracted to?

You can visit me at these upcoming shows:

Saturday, May 21st – Shop the Archway – DUMBO – Brooklyn, NY

Sunday, May 29th - The Brooklyn Flea - Williamsburg - Brooklyn, NY

Sunday, June 26th - Smith Street Sunday Fun Day - Brooklyn, NY


Saturday, July 9, August 6, August 13 - Greenway Open Markets - Boston, MA

1 comment:

  1. hi there! you have some really great jewelry and these magnets look really pretty. I'd like to ask for your permission to use the image for "laws of attraction" for my blog (which I've only started. I hope you don't mind if I use it to create a logo? Credit for the image will of course go to you.

    ReplyDelete