Wednesday, July 3, 2013

On the Road - The Greenway Open Market and a Special Visitor - Boston, MA

School is out, the sun is shinin', and it's officially summer. What better way to celebrate the season than to be at the Greenway Open Market in Boston? This past Saturday, Twitch and Whiskers was set up in the bustling Wharf District where tourists and locals were out in full force. It was the perfect day to shop handmade.
The Greenway Open Market - Boston, MA
When elegant shapes blend effortlessly with beautiful color, the results can be absolutely stunning.  Heather Wang of Heather Wang Jewelry has found a way to combine these elements into her line of nature-inspired jewelry. I really enjoyed spending the day next to her at the Greenway. This highly-skilled graduate of RISD and the Royal College of Art in London worked in costume jewelry and flute design before striking out on her own. You can't help but smile when you see Heather's Cherry Blossom earrings with delicate petals and vibrant enameled detail. It's Heather's lovely color combinations that make her flowers stand out from others. I was really drawn to her new Cherry Blossom pendants adorned with gracefully swaying buds. Heather is also known for her custom work. You should really check out her online gallery of engagement and wedding rings, including a unique custom pine cone engagement ring. Visit Heather Wang Jewelry online and on Facebook to explore her beautiful world.
Heather Wang of Heather Wang Jewelry
New Cherry Blossom necklace collection
Cherry Blossom earrings
Blooming Branches
On display at the Twitch and Whiskers tent were piles of Fun 'n' Games rings. It's always fun to have visitors guess which games the pieces were sourced from. I also offered a fresh new batch of new protractor necklaces.  
Fun 'n' Games rings
new protractor necklaces
I met so many lovely people from all over. Many necklaces went home with happy customers. One gal loved the hot dog Thimblism necklaces so much that she bought my last two. When she got home, she converted them into whimsical earrings. Hot diggity!
A bicycle headbadge built for one (on a bike!).
The Queen's Guard - bicycle head badge necklace
Looking savvy in a salve tin!
You Have Got Some Gall - vintage salve tin locket
Thimblism earrings - doggone cute!
A few other favorites also went to good homes.
Honey and Sonny Bread - pinback button necklace
An Original - pinback button necklace
Horse Feathers - powder tin locket
I've saved the absolute best for last. Last September, I was set up at Jamaica Plain Open Studios in Massachusetts. A wonderful mom named Erin and her son Jack came to visit my booth and spent a while exploring my jewelry. I learned Jack also loved to repurpose things and had an interest in jewelry making. Many months, later Jack had saved up for a rouge compact locket in my Etsy shop. I sent him a special care package filled with some of my favorite supplies along with his the necklace. When this dynamic duo visited me at the Greenway, Jack shared with me the necklace he made with the bag o' parts I sent him. I was so impressed by his clever compass locket!
 Erin and Jack
Jack's two-in-one necklace with removable lid and compass.
Jack also shared with me his autobiography that he wrote at the end of the school year. I was so touched to see that he wrote a chapter about our meet up and the care package. It absolutely made my day!
Kickin' up my heels!
Lovely words...and handwriting!
Something tells me that Jack and I are going to be friends for a good long time. I can't wait to see what he makes next. Who knows...maybe in the not to distant future, you will see Jack's creations at a show!
My new jewelry buddy Jack.
Thanks to a lot of great customers, and some very special visitors, this was a very memorable day at the Greenway.

I'll be back at the Greenway again soon:

July 13, July 27, August 3 - Greenway Open Market - Boston, MA
August 24 - Picnic Music and Arts Festival - Portland, ME 


Pop over to my shop on Etsy and like Twitch and Whiskers on Facebook for fun updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment