Thursday, December 8, 2011

On the Road: Hot Cup o' Handmade 2

My last hoorah for the 2011 holiday craft show season was the Hot Cup o' Handmade 2 show at Molten Java in Bethel, CT. And what better way to end the year than being surrounded by my talented friends in one of my favorite places? We set up early for an afternoon show. The gals all charged up with toasty drinks and snacks from the counter. We were visited by many of our local friends, including Julie - who was knitting colorful goatees for an upcoming Pantera tribute party. My pal Alex also stopped by to say hello wearing one of my pieces. She looked fabulous!
caffeinated craftanistas
Panteriffic
Jen Matlack of Milly Gilly Home and Garden (aka Daisychestnut on Etsy) brought a lovely array of whimsical terrariums, vintage utensil garlands and garden markers, and creatively embellished ceramic goods. I adored her hand dyed cotton ribbon that was wound with care around wooden sticks. Her vintage ceramic plates are specially marked with poems and quotes, but my favorite had to be the "Crap" plate. Jen also had a new terrarium with a grazing deer that was oh-so-sweet. I love how she used the candle holder on the deer's back to hold a tiny spot of moss. Visit Jen's shop on Etsy for a charming holiday gift from the heart.
Alex and Jen
Milly Gilly's goods
the dearest deer
My favorite Little Cowgirl, Lys Guillorn was adorned with a new fringed outfit that shimmied and shook the day away. Lys displayed new snazzy Christmas stockings, fabulous purses, and jewelry with candy-colored vintage buttons. I couldn't resist getting one of her adorable collaged Christmas cards with sewn details and a little clear pocket o' sequins. I like it so much, it just may be a Christmas card to myself. Don't fret...you can get one for yourself in her Etsy shop (in addition to many other unique gifts). Word on the street is that her shop will have many new things in it soon!
Shake it cowgirl!
Bags for stuff and stockings for stuffing
stationery go round
Folk Couture's display is ever-changing and inspiring thanks to Grace Napoleon's busy hands and clever point of view. I got to thumb through racks and racks of dramatic dresses and swanky sweaters. I was so impressed when her friend Laura showed up in a Folk Couture original with a dramatic floral neckline. She looked like an absolute knockout! You can find Grace and her fabulous frocks this weekend at IDM Boston, SoWa Holiday Market, and Craftopia. Pepper your conversation with the phrase "grace and glory" when you see her and get a special discount. Pass it on!
Grace had Laura the acupuncturist on pins and needles.
sweater land
two beauties
It was a pleasure having Jean Maimone of Vintage Gems join us for Hot Cup o' Handmade 2. I had first met Jean at Dawn's Vintage Jewelry when her striking redesigned vintage creations were being showcased. I have always appreciated Jean's use of color n' glitz in her statement pieces. From beaded tassels to brightly hued chokers she offered an amazing array of showstoppers.  I fell in love with her orange and gray acorn necklace and was thrilled when Thom surprised me with it during the day. Visit the Vintage Gems website and Facebook page to find out where to find Jean next.

Jean of Vintage Gems
make a statement with these pieces
I squirreled away the gray and orange acorns!
Throughout the day I got hellos from local friends, pals from school, and family. A fun array of jewelry scooted out the door, including thimblism necklaces, REcap bracelets, and one of a kind pieces. A 1920's powder compact locket called "Encharma" and a vintage bicycle headbadge necklace called "Knight Night" went home with happy customers. The day rounded out nicely with a fun visit from Gwen (who looks splashingly sensational in her whale tail thimblism necklace) and hubby Keith. My in-laws, sister-in-law Marnie, and niece Darla also popped by to show love. It was a superb Sunday all around!
Twitch and Whiskers
Encharma
Knight Night

Gwen and Keith
we are family
If you're looking for a unique handmade gift or a personalized present - I'm your go to gal! Shop local and handmade this holiday season. Pop on by to my Etsy shop or email me if you would like me to make ya something special.


Happy Holidays from Twitch and Whiskers!

No comments:

Post a Comment